Are you ready to start quilting your own quilts? Join us for a hands-on event using the Westalee templates and ruler foot.
This class will cover the basic setup of the foot on your machine. After we have you all set up we will begin working with Westalee’s Sampler Set. This set is the best way for you to begin to grasp the concept of machine quilting using templates. I will show you the tips and tricks I have learned in my process of becoming a certified educator for Westalee products.
This event will be completely hands-on and you will be using your templates most of the time. Come with a can-do attitude and begin quilting your own quilts in less time than you think.
There will be special pricing on the Westalee products during this event only. This is the perfect time for you to add any templates that have caught your eye or simply purchase the starter set to start your quilting with templates journey.
Space is limited! Call (317) 757-8340 to register.
Dates & Times:
- Sunday, November 12, 2017 1pm-4pm
Skill Level: Intermediate, Must be familiar with your machine, and understand quilting fundamentals.
Sessions: One 3-hour session
Instructor: Michael Roe
- Sewing machine in good working order. Please bring the machine that you plan on using the
Westalee templates on the most.
- Westalee ruler foot and templates you have purchased. If you have not purchased any of the
templates yet don’t worry, I will have a wide selection for you to choose from that would love to
go home with you!
- Silicone Mat, preferably the one made by Sew Steady. I will go into detail on why I like this brand
over the Supreme Slider.
- General sewing supplies, a good pair of scissors and tweezers to bring up your bobbin threads. A
micro-tex needle of your choice, I generally use an 80/12 for 40wt quilting thread.
- Frixion Pen, or another marking device that is easy to erase once your quilting is completed.
- Fabric sandwiches for practice or a small quilt top that you are OK to practice on. Bring enough
samples so that you are able to participate the entire class, it’s no fun to be watching on the side
lines because you ran out of fabric to quilt.
- Extension table for your machine, if you do not have this available we will be running a special
for you to order one special for your machine.
- Good quality thread, I prefer you bring a 50wt cotton thread. For demo proposes we will be
using the same thread for the top and bobbin thread.
- Quilting gloves if you feel they help you keep a steady hold on the templates.